You are who you surround yourself with so make sure you surround yourself with successful, hard working and enthusiastic people.
Whether it’s friends, work colleagues or a soul mate come find some great ideas and advice here.
What Kind Of People Should You Surround Yourself With?
As we grow up, we form friendships and connections with different kinds of people.
We tend to befriend people with the same perspectives and interests. At a young age, we surround ourselves with people who like to have fun and are carefree.
But there will be a point in our lives where we have to stop these connections and form new ones.
Each of us will grow up and gain different sets of values.
We may not be the same person as we were when we were kids.
This is because we have learned and experienced so many things that helped shape our personalities.
If we retain the same friendships or connections that we had when we were still children, there will be a clash between our past self and our current self. It can cause misunderstandings and confusion.
Sometimes, it might even prevent us from growing up.
When this happens, we are not able to develop our personalities and we will never be able to reach our full potential.
This is the reason why we should have the right people around us.
If we want to improve our quality of living, we should also consider the people that we interact with.
You should want to surround yourself with people who can help you in all aspects whether mentally, emotionally, or even spiritually.
The right people will have a positive impact on your life.
They can help you move in the right direction and also reach your personal goals.
They also empower you to become a better person.
Is It True You Are Who You Hang Out With?
Everyone is familiar with the saying, “Birds of the same feather flock together.”
Friendships are formed because certain people are connected by a core value.
They may not have the same opinions for different topics, but there is something that holds them together.
This can either be positive or negative depending on the person’s standards.
Whoever you choose to surround yourself with greatly influences your general outlook on life.
There is also a great chance that you will adapt to their habits.
People with a negative outlook on life will have a stagnant way of living.
On the other hand, people who have high standards tend to have better lives.
Jim Rohn, an American entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker, once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” The people you associate with show a lot about yourself.
It says about the environment you are in and other people can already make an assumption of who you are as a person.
How Do You Choose The Right Person In Your Life?
To become a better person, you also need to find the right people to surround yourself with.
Choosing the right person can be difficult but here are the basic things to keep in mind:
- Know yourself. What do you want to achieve? What are you looking for in life and for the person you want to be with? You must know what will make you happy and not what others might think.
- Be true to yourself. We tend to put masks when we interact with people we are not that close with. With the right people, we would not need these masks and we will be comfortable showing who we truly are. The right people would not judge you but will support you.
- Take time to get to know people. Naturally, we have first impressions of other people, but sometimes, these impressions are incorrect. This is why it is important to get to know more about people before deciding whether they are worth keeping or not.
- Choose people who choose you. You might think that you have found the right person, but the problem is, they don’t choose you back. Only choose people who also return the same sentiments as you.
- Let go of the wrong people. Sometimes, we are held back by the wrong people from meeting the right ones. We need to let them go to make room for people who will help us be better.
How Do You Choose A Friend Wisely?
Our choices in friends define who we are. They shape our personalities and influence our perspectives.
Friends can make or break us so it is important to choose the people who are good for you.
- Choose friends with the same goal. Being friends with a person that has the same goal or purpose as you is a great step to reaching it. Having a common goal allows you to work together with that person and push you to be your best self.
- Choose one who supports you. We might want to befriend someone who we can look up to, but we should also consider how they acknowledge us. A real friend will support us in all our endeavors.
- Choose one who you trust and trusts you. Trust is a great foundation of friendship. Choose the person who you can share everything about yourself and one who can also do the same thing.
- Choose who understands and helps you grow. There is no perfect friendship and there will be times of disagreement. Despite the difference in opinions, real friends will listen to each other. This allows you to grow by looking at things at a new perspective and understanding what the other is conveying.
- Choose one who knows your boundaries. Although it is great to open up, boundaries are still important. If a person respects your boundaries, then they deserve to be your friend.
It has been said that surrounding yourself with people who share the same interest or passion pushes you to become better at it.
The right people will motivate and encourage you to keep working hard so that you can reach your goals.
This is also a way to learn more about the things that you want.
The people who share your passion will inspire you to act on your dreams.
Why Successful People Hang Out Together?
“You are who you hang out with” and in this case, successful people hang out with other successful people because they share the same perspective in life.
They inspire each other to become successful and to work harder.
They can also share their thoughts, opinions, and even lessons so that others can learn from them.
They create a connection with other successful people to impart knowledge that will be beneficial for everyone.
How Can I Surround Myself With Intelligent People?
It can be quite intimidating when you want to be around intelligent people.
But to be able to surround yourself with them, you need to learn and understand how they act and who they are as a person.
Some of the things you can do are:
- Read and share your ideas
- Be curious and ask questions
- Learn new skills
- Join clubs of your interests
- Stay away from unenthusiastic people
Most of the time, you don’t need to be already smart to surround yourself with intelligent people.
If you are willing to learn and be educated, you need to be brave and ask questions or advice from them.
You also need to believe in yourself and with the right people, they will help you to be more knowledgeable.
Why Do I Pick Up Other People’s Habits?
When we spend time with other people, we tend to pick up their habits or mirror their movements because we want to be similar to them.
We want to be connected with them and so we mimic their behavior to maintain that connection.
For some, it is a way to emulate certain people’s success so that they can do it on their own.
For example, you admire a successful person and you wish to become one. You study this person’s habits and behavior so that you can also apply it on yourself in hopes to become successful one day.
13 Proven Strategies To Master Uncertainty In Relationships
How to Stop Self-Sabotaging Behaviors
TOP 13 Reasons – Why Do Most Relationships Fail