I recently had a chat with a client who’s been experiencing trouble sleeping.
According to him, the daily stress of his professional and personal life has been manifesting into insomnia.
He’s tried sleeping medication and anti-anxiety pills, but these have resulted in undesirable side effects. He came to me looking for natural remedies to help him achieve a peaceful night’s sleep.
If you have the same problem as my client, you’re in the right place.
Because in today’s article, we’ll introduce you to the concept of positive sleep affirmations and how you can use them to ensure you get a peaceful night’s sleep.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Let’s get right into it.
What are Sleep Affirmations?
I’m sure you’ve heard of morning affirmations to help jumpstart your day on a positive note. Sleep affirmations do the same to you but at night.
These quotes, mantras, or short phrases help to put your mind in a positive state; therefore, prepare you for a peaceful night’s sleep.
I’m sure you’re wondering how repeating a phrase several times is likely to result in a peaceful night. Read on to find out more:
Do Positive Affirmations Work While Sleeping?
Thomas Edison, one of the first proponents of bedtime affirmations, once said that you should “never go to sleep without a request to your subconscious mind. “
By giving instructions to your mind, you direct what it focuses on.
Since your brain doesn’t shut down when you sleep, giving it something positive to think about is bound to be more relaxing than focusing on life’s stressors.
Rather than focusing on the worries of life and negative experiences, which only result in insomnia, positive sleep affirmations instruct your mind to focus on positive thoughts, which results in you being more rested.
And don’t just take my word for it.
According to researchers from the University of Manchester, people who practice gratitude and think positive thoughts before bed have higher levels of sleep quality than those who don’t.
And that’s not all!
Positive sleep affirmations could also help improve your mental health. Wondering how?
Keep reading to learn more.
How Positive Sleep Affirmations Can Help with Mental Health
Lack of sleep is both a cause and symptom of poor mental health.
Like most people, I’m sure you know firsthand how sleep affects your mental health. If you don’t have a good night’s sleep, chances are you’re going to spend the next day moody and angry.
But how does this happen?
According to studies, your nightly sleep cycle is divided into several stages. Each of these stages plays a crucial role in promoting brain health.
With sufficient sleep, your brain can better process emotional information, resulting in a better mood and emotional reactivity. However, lack of enough sleep results in more negative emotional content, which negatively affects mental health.
Bedtime affirmations help rewire the neural pathways in your brain, which help break negative thought patterns while creating more positive patterns. Thanks to this process, the brain performs better processing positive emotions, which translates to better sleep.
With better sleep comes better mental health.
61 Best Positive Sleep Affirmations
Positive Sleep Affirmations to Help you Fall Asleep
If you have trouble falling asleep, you can use these affirmations to help you fall asleep faster.
- I’ve done my best today; I now allow myself to rest.
- I am grateful for today. Grateful for every positive thing that happened today. Grateful for all the lessons I’ve learned today.
- Sleep is natural for me. It’s my way of recharging my mind and body. I will enjoy a full night’s sleep.
- I am in a safe place. I am filled with calming thoughts and optimism to allow me a good night’s sleep.
- My body and mind are tired. I deserve a good night’s rest to recharge.
- Positivity, optimism, and hope will fill my dreams.
- I am in my sanctuary. I am safe to sleep.I choose to stop worrying.
- Stress and negativity can’t control me. I am in my natural, peaceful state.
- My eyes are tired. It’s time to rest. I deserve the rest.
- Today was a good day. I learned something. I am growing. I am excited about tomorrow. Tomorrow will be better.
- I’m grateful for the chance to sleep; I’m ready to receive through my dreams.
- Sleep heals me. My sleep recharges. Tomorrow, I’ll wake up better.
- I am relaxed. My head, neck, face, arms, stomach, back, legs, and feet are relaxed and ready to rest.
- I don’t need to force sleep. It happens naturally for me. It’s okay to sleep.
- My success depends on the quality of my sleep and rest.
- I am free of racing thoughts. I let go of all negativity. I let them float away. I allow myself to let go of the day.
- I give thanks for the night. The night gives me a chance to rest and recharge.
Positive Sleep Affirmations For a Miracle Morning
One of the best ways to ensure you have a great morning is preparing the night before. These affirmations will help you prepare your brain for the next day.
- What I’ve done today is enough. Whatever I didn’t achieve today, tomorrow is a new opportunity to try.
- I am going to have a good night’s rest. Tomorrow I’ll wake up refreshed and happy.
- Today’s mistakes don’t define me. Tomorrow will be better. My good night’s sleep will get me ready for tomorrow.
- I will wake up with a positive attitude tomorrow
- Today is gone. Tomorrow is full of new opportunities to grow and improve.
- I will wake up feeling energized.
- Tomorrow I will show up ready to conquer everything that life throws at me.
- Tomorrow will be a great day.
- Today is gone; tomorrow, I’ll wake up ready to face life with a fresh perspective.
- I don’t know what tomorrow brings, but I’m positive whatever life throws at me, I can handle it and grow from it.
- Today didn’t go my way. I’ll wake up ready to try again tomorrow
Positive Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
Does anxiety keep you from sleeping? These positive sleep affirmations are great for dealing with stress and anxiety.
- My body is relaxed; my mind is calm, my soul is at peace
- I am at peace with my heart. Tomorrow I will wake up at peace.
- I am patient, diplomatic, and tolerant
- No one person has power over me. I am free.
- Every breath I inhale calms me, and every breath I exhale takes away all my tension.
- Every cell in my body is relaxed and oozes calmness.
- Every breath I take, I release the anxiety within me, and I become calmer
- My life on earth has meaning and purpose.
- I am ridding my mind of negative thoughts and filling it with positive ones.
- I am in control of my thoughts and my life
- How I feel matters; therefore, I concentrate on all aspects of my life that make me feel good.
- I trust the universe to provide all that I need.
- I love myself deeply and unconditionally
Sleep Affirmations for Confidence
- I accept and love myself just the way I am.
- I am becoming more confident and stronger each day.
- I am becoming knowledgeable and wiser with each day
- Despite today’s setbacks, I will move forward even when facing fear
- Tomorrow I’ll open my eyes courageous and ready to overcome my fears by facing them
- I am connected and comfortable in all environments and with all people
- Every day and every way, I’m getting better. Tomorrow gives me another opportunity
- I am competent, smart, and capable.
- I am worthy of all the good in my life.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am calm and comfortable in social situations.
- I love the person I’m becoming
- My self-confidence is strong
- I boldly pursue what I want in life
- I believe in myself
- I calmly stand up for myself and my belief
- I confidently meet every challenge
- I speak my mind with respect for myself and others
- I express my thoughts and opinion with confidence.
- I am bold and courageous.
How to Make your Positive Sleep Affirmations Work for You
Affirmations don’t always work for everyone. These tips will help make your bedtime affirmations work for you.
Make them Personal
The first step to making affirmations work for you is by personalizing them. Your bedtime affirmations need to be self-regulated and related to your life.
To make them more personal, include “I Am” in the affirmations.
Believe in Them
You first have to believe in your affirmations. Don’t say things you don’t believe in. One way to build your belief in affirmations is by focusing on the effort rather than the result.
Rather than saying, “I’ll have 11 hours of sleep,”, say “My mind is calm and will allow me to have a good night’s rest.”
If you’re looking to make your affirmations work, you have to visualize what it feels and looks like to have your affirmations come true.
Think about how peaceful you’ll feel when you get a good night’s sleep.
Repeat, repeat, and repeat
Saying your affirmations once a week isn’t enough.
Repeat your affirmations every day for 21 days or a month to ensure they are effective.
It’s Time You Enjoyed a Peaceful Night Sleep
There you go.
A list of 61 positive sleep affirmations that you can use to help you achieve a peaceful night’s sleep.
Which of these affirmations will you include in your bedtime routine? Do you know of any other affirmations that our readers can include in their night routines?
If so, please tell us in the comment section below.
If you have any questions, please ask them in the comment section.
I’ll be happy to respond to any question posed.