In this article, I’ve handpicked the 7 best life purpose coaches and will share everything you need to know about life purpose coaching.
- Life Purpose Coaching delves deeper than conventional coaching to uncover the heart of your true calling
- It addresses existential questions and offers frameworks to help clients define, articulate, and live in sync with their life’s purpose
- A life purpose coach is for people who are not just seeking success, but significance and purpose in their journey, ensuring each step feels authentic, fulfilling, and aligned with their true self
Top 7 Life Purpose Coaches 2023
Amanda Davila is a Purpose Strategist, Positive Influencer, and Life Purpose Coach. She partners with individuals who wish to elevate personally and live a purposeful life. This involves living on their own terms and staying true to their genuine self. As a world traveler, first-generation college graduate, homeowner, digital nomad, fitness fanatic, and self-growth devotee, she has realized that it is possible to shoot for the stars and have it all.
Julie Chan is a social entrepreneur, creative artist, and intuitive life purpose coach with a passion for empowering people. She holds a B.A. from Yale University and a Master’s degree in City Planning from MIT. With a decade-long career in urban planning and economic development, she has created impactful programs to support businesses, entrepreneurs, people living in poverty, and cities at the forefront of innovation. Her spiritual journey led her to start “Being My Purpose”, a social enterprise aimed at helping people express their life’s purpose with confidence, creativity, and courage.
Lena Papadopoulos is a life purpose and leadership coach, facilitator, and award-winning intercultural educator. She is committed to transforming the world from the inside-out by empowering individuals to overcome their fears and express their true selves. Lena has a unique ability to meet people where they are, identify patterns in their experiences, and create innovative strategies for moving forward. Her work involves helping individuals silence external voices, confront their fears and limiting beliefs, and develop a clear plan of action to fulfill their life’s purpose.
Adam Tallamy is a top life coach and life purpose coach with over 10 years of experience. He has created the “hero process”, a life purpose methodology, and has received many five-star Google reviews. Adam works with clients worldwide, helping them find and live their life purpose. He provides a process and structure that works, helps clear fears, doubts, and insecurities, and teaches tools to overcome blocks. Adam meets people where they’re at without judgement and creates innovative, strategic solutions for moving forward.
Misty Sansom is a certified life coach specializing in helping individuals discover their life purpose. Her approach is practical and actionable, aimed at facilitating rapid transformation. She assists people in exploring personal growth and development, and fosters a genuine and lasting spiritual connection. Misty offers one-on-one coaching and mentoring for those seeking to bring their life purpose to fruition.
Chi Phan is a Counsellor and Life Purpose Coach with a degree in Psychology and Counselling. She provides online video courses and coaching to help individuals overcome their most crucial problems. His approach is aimed at treating depression, combating gambling addiction, and assisting individuals in finding their life purpose.
Ana McRae is a life purpose coach and business coach for high performers. She helps individuals build, grow, and scale thriving businesses while living fulfilling lives. Ana believes in aligning mindset, strategy, and fulfillment to exponentially grow the results in your business. She has a unique ability to meet people where they are, identify patterns in their experiences, and create innovative strategies for moving forward. Her approach is practical and actionable, aimed at facilitating rapid transformation.
What is Life Purpose Coaching?
Definition and Goals of Life Purpose Coaching
Life Purpose Coaching delves deeper than conventional coaching to uncover the heart of your true calling. This specialized field aims to help individuals find meaning, direction, and a sense of fulfillment in their lives.
The primary goal isn’t just about career advancement or achieving temporal milestones; it’s about aligning one’s life with intrinsic values, passions, and a broader sense of mission.
Through this transformative process, clients are guided to understand themselves at a more profound level, pinpoint their unique strengths, and navigate challenges that might be obstructing their path to purpose.
Differentiation Between Life Coaching and Life Purpose Coaching
While traditional life coaching often focuses on setting and achieving specific goals in areas like health, career, or relationships, Life Purpose Coaching zeroes in on the bigger picture: one’s raison d’être or reason for being.
It addresses existential questions and offers frameworks to help clients define, articulate, and live in sync with their life’s purpose. In essence, while life coaching might provide you with the tools to build the house, Life Purpose Coaching ensures that the house is built on solid, meaningful ground.
Why Life Purpose Coaching Matters
Benefits of Life Purpose Coaching
Clarity in Direction: Discovering clear aspirations and understanding what truly matters to you.
Increased Self-Awareness: Gaining deeper insights into your values, passions, and inherent strengths.
Alignment of Values: Bridging the gap between your day-to-day actions and core beliefs for a harmonious living.
Enhanced Motivation: Fueling a steadfast drive to pursue what brings true fulfillment and happiness.
Strategic Goal Setting: Developing tangible, actionable goals aligned with your life’s purpose.
Stress Reduction: Alleviating anxiety and stress through a profound understanding and acceptance of one’s path.
Improved Decision Making: Empowering you to make decisions that are in sync with your authentic self.
Nurturing Relationships: Enabling you to forge deeper, meaningful connections by being authentically you.
The Impact of Understanding One’s Life Purpose on Personal and Professional Life
Career Fulfillment: Pursuing a profession that resonates with your intrinsic motivations and values.
Positive Mindset: Cultivating a positive outlook that stems from purposeful living and working.
Enhanced Productivity: Engaging in tasks with greater enthusiasm and focus, improving overall output.
Relationship Enrichment: Forming relationships that are meaningful and enhance your journey toward your purpose.
Resilience: Facing challenges and setbacks with a steadfast resolve, knowing they are part of your journey.
Leadership Development: Guiding teams and individuals with empathy and a vision that aligns with your purpose.
Work-Life Harmony: Balancing professional commitments and personal life effectively, reducing burnout.
Long-Lasting Satisfaction: Experiencing profound contentment from aligning actions with life’s purpose.
How Life Purpose Coaching Helps Uncover and Pursue an Individual’s Calling
Discovering Hidden Passions: Identifying and acknowledging suppressed or unexplored interests.
Breaking Down Barriers: Addressing and dismantling fears and limiting beliefs impeding your path.
Strategic Planning: Crafting a practical, step-by-step plan to transition towards your calling.
Skill Enhancement: Identifying and developing necessary skills to thrive in your chosen path.
Mindset Shift: Assisting in cultivating a growth mindset that embraces opportunities and learning.
Accountability: Ensuring you stay on track with regular check-ins and supportive nudges.
Network Expansion: Guiding you to connect with people and organizations that align with your purpose.
Celebrating Milestones: Acknowledging and celebrating every victory, fueling your journey forward.
The Path to Becoming a Life Purpose Coach
Educational and experiential requirements
Embarking on the journey to become a Life Purpose Coach often begins with a foundational education in psychology, counseling, or a related field. While this educational background provides a solid understanding of human behavior and cognitive processes, practical experience is equally crucial.
Engaging in workshops, seminars, and hands-on coaching scenarios allows aspiring coaches to develop essential skills and acquire real-world insights into the complexities of guiding individuals towards their life’s purpose.
Life purpose coach certification process
Certification is a pivotal step in legitimizing one’s coaching practice. Various institutions offer Life Purpose Coach certification programs that typically encompass theoretical learning, practical exercises, and a set number of supervised coaching hours.
Successful completion of these programs and a final assessment ensures that coaches adhere to industry standards, equipping them with the credibility to guide clients effectively.
Potential earning and market demand
The demand for Life Purpose Coaches has seen a significant rise in recent years, as more individuals seek deeper meaning and alignment in their lives. While earnings can vary based on factors like location, specialization, and individual reputation, Life Purpose Coaches can earn an estimated $60K-$134K a year and expect a rewarding career both financially and intrinsically.
With the increasing awareness of mental well-being and the importance of leading a purpose-driven life, the market shows promising growth potential, making now an opportune time to delve into this coaching niche.
Practices and Techniques Used in Life Purpose Coaching
1. Values Clarification Exercise: This involves identifying and prioritizing core beliefs and values to guide purposeful decision-making and actions.
2. Vision Board Creation: Clients create a visual representation of their goals and dreams, offering a tangible and daily reminder of their desired future.
3. SWOT Analysis: Identifying Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats provides a grounded perspective on the client’s current situation and future endeavors.
4. Ikigai Exercise: This Japanese concept helps to find the intersection between what you love, what the world needs, what you’re good at, and what you can be paid for.
5. The Wheel of Life: Clients assess their satisfaction levels across various life domains to identify areas that need more attention and alignment.
6. Journaling: Promoting self-reflection and emotional expression through writing to uncover deeper insights and patterns in their thoughts and feelings.
7. Goal Mapping: Using visual and structured planning to set, break down, and navigate through short-term and long-term objectives effectively.
8. Mindfulness and Meditation Practices: Incorporating intentional stillness to enhance self-awareness and foster a focused, peaceful mind.
9. StrengthsFinder Assessment: Utilizing the assessment tool to identify and understand the client’s innate talents and strengths.
10. Narrative Coaching: Engaging clients in reshaping their life stories in a way that aligns with their purpose and desired identity.
11. “The 5 Whys” Technique: A problem-solving tool that facilitates deeper exploration into the root cause of a problem or a belief by repeatedly asking ‘why’.
12. Role Play: Engaging in hypothetical scenarios to develop and explore skills, and navigate through future challenges in a safe, practice environment.
Related: 9 Keys To Living Life With Intention
Spiritual Dimension of Life Purpose Coaching
Life purpose spiritual coaching delves deeper than traditional coaching approaches, seeking the intersection between one’s spirituality and life’s mission. At its core, this coaching style integrates spiritual beliefs and practices to help individuals unearth their authentic purpose.
By blending the profound wisdom of spiritual traditions with practical life guidance, clients are led towards a path that aligns with their innermost values and beliefs. This union of spirituality and purpose creates a holistic approach, allowing individuals to resonate with their life choices deeply, ensuring both personal fulfillment and spiritual growth.
Who Needs a Life Purpose Coach?
A life purpose coach isn’t just for the deeply lost or perplexed. Many individuals, from high-achieving professionals feeling unfulfilled to retirees seeking a new direction, can greatly benefit from their insights. Young adults at crossroads, managers climbing the corporate ladder but feeling an emptiness, or even artists seeking deeper meaning in their work often turn to life purpose coaching.
The common thread? A desire to align one’s daily actions with a deeper, more meaningful direction. These individuals are not just seeking success, but significance and purpose in their journey, ensuring each step feels authentic, fulfilling, and aligned with their true self.
Checklist for Selecting the Right Life Purpose Coach
Important factors to consider (e.g., certification, reviews, techniques)
- Certification: Ensure the coach holds a recognized certification for example from the ICF. This attests to their knowledge and expertise.
- Reviews & Testimonials: Research feedback from previous clients. Positive experiences can be an indicator of the coach’s efficacy.
- Coaching Techniques: Familiarize yourself with the methodologies and practices the coach employs. These should resonate with your personal preferences and needs.
Questions to ask potential coaches
- What led you to become a life purpose coach? This can shed light on their passion and commitment.
- How do you customize your approach for each individual? It’s crucial to know they won’t use a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Can you share a success story of a past client? This provides insight into their impact and results.
- What’s your preferred mode of communication during sessions? (e.g., face-to-face, video call, phone)
How to find a “life purpose coach near me”
In today’s digital age, finding a local life purpose coach is simpler than ever. Start with a search engine query, but also consider leveraging dedicated coaching platforms that allow you to filter by specialty and location. Furthermore, local community boards, professional networks, or even recommendations from friends can guide you to a trusted coach in your vicinity.
Remember, proximity is beneficial, but ensure you prioritize the coach’s expertise, alignment with your goals, and your comfort level with them.
Effective Life Purpose Coaching Questions to Ask Oneself
- What Activities Ignite My Passion? Think of moments when time flew by because you were deeply engrossed in an activity.
- If Money Were No Object, What Would I Spend My Time Doing? This question can help reveal true interests and desires.
- What Are the Three Most Fulfilling Moments in My Life? Reflecting on these can provide clues about what truly resonates with your core.
- How Do I Want to Be Remembered? Envisioning your legacy can guide you towards a meaningful path.
- What Values Are Non-Negotiable in My Life? Recognizing these can shape the foundation of your life’s purpose.
- If I Could Change One Thing in the World, What Would It Be? Your answer can highlight the larger impact you wish to make.
- When Do I Feel the Most Authentic and True to Myself? Embracing authenticity can lead to a fulfilling purpose.
- What Do I Fear Most About Pursuing My True Purpose? By addressing fears, you can work towards breaking barriers holding you back.
- What Skills or Talents Do I Have That Are Underutilized? Recognizing these can open doors to new opportunities aligned with your purpose.
- Who Inspires Me the Most and Why? Identifying traits in others that you admire can help shape your own journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a life purpose coach a legitimate job? Yes, a life purpose coach is a certified professional trained to guide clients in discovering and pursuing their true calling in life.
- What are the differences between a life purpose coach, a life coach, and a spiritual advisor? A life purpose coach focuses on helping clients identify and pursue their life’s purpose. A life coach offers broader guidance on various life goals, while a spiritual advisor centers on the individual’s spiritual journey and beliefs.
- How do life purpose coaches tackle various life challenges and problems? Life purpose coaches use tools, strategies, and guided visualizations to help clients overcome limiting beliefs, tap into their natural talents, and create positive changes in their lives.
- What problems do life purpose coaches solve? They address issues like feeling unfulfilled, lacking direction, and the desire to connect with a deeper purpose in life.
- How do you become a life purpose coach? Becoming a life purpose coach typically involves a certification program, often combined with self-awareness training, positive psychology principles, and specific coaching practices.
- How much do life purpose coaches make? Earnings vary based on experience, location, and niche, but successful coaches with a thriving coaching business can make a lucrative income.
- Does life purpose coaching help people find more focus in their career? Absolutely! A purpose coach helps clients align their career with their passions, ensuring they lead a more purposeful life.
- Do I need a particular degree to start coaching? While a degree can be beneficial, what’s paramount is completing a certified life purpose coach certification from an accredited institution.
- How does life purpose coaching differ from traditional life coaching? Life purpose coaching helps individuals discover their true purpose and passion in life, while traditional life coaching often addresses a wider range of life challenges and goals.
- How can life purpose coaching help with my overall wellbeing? By aligning your life with your true purpose, you often experience increased self-awareness, satisfaction, and a sense of fulfillment.
- Can life purpose coaches help if I’m feeling lost in life? Yes, they specialize in guiding individuals who feel adrift, helping them discover their true path and deeper purpose.
- How do coaches support their clients in the discovery process? Coaches use a blend of listening, asking probing questions, and offering tools and exercises to guide clients toward self-discovery.
- Do online courses help in becoming a life purpose coach? Yes, many online courses, especially those that are ICF accredited, provide comprehensive training to become a certified life purpose coach.
- What is the main goal of a life purpose coach? The primary aim is to guide clients to identify, embrace, and pursue their life’s purpose, leading to a fulfilling life.
- Do life purpose coaches only focus on career guidance? While career is a significant component, they also delve into other aspects of life where one’s purpose might be realized, including personal passions, hobbies, and relationships.