We often hear the phrase “reach for the stars”, but not many follow that advice. We are content with looking at other stars and wishing we were one. Is wishing enough? Why don’t we aim to reach out for them? Many would argue that this is impractical, but even though it sounds over-ambitious, this approach would help you better your current situation.
Now, what if you didn’t set an ambitious or an unattainable goal in the first place? Would you work that hard? Would you go the extra mile? These goals would motivate you to improve every day, trying to achieve them, and ultimately, you’d land somewhere close.
If you think this is something beyond your reach, here is a short video for you. This explains how you can set your missions in life and ultimately reach them. It would set you up in the right direction to keep reaching for the stars.
Let’s dive right into it.
51 Reaching For The Stars Quotes To Inspire You
We often look for quotes to draw inspiration and motivation from. Here is a list of quotes that can inspire you to stand up and reach for the stars.
- “I’m a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.”
- “Dream big; at least you will have the joy of reaching for the stars instead of living in a box filled with unopened gifts.”
- “Remember to reach for the stars, and they won’t be able to resist flying into your hands!”
- “It isn’t a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.”
-Benjamin E. Mays
- “Most rules that you think are written in stone are just societal. You can change the game and really reach for the stars and make the world a better place.”
- “When you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won’t come up with a handful of mud either.”
- “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.”
- “Reaching for the stars, perfectionists may end up clutching at air.”
-David D. Burns
- “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
-Pamela Vaull Starr
- “You will never reach the stars without courage to lose sight of the ground.”
- “Don’t wait for the stars to be aligned. Reach up and rearrange them in the way you want. Create your own constellation.”
- “To ask, ‘How do you do it?’ is already starting off on the wrong foot. When reaching for the stars, there does not have to be a ‘how’ if there is a big enough ‘why’.”
- “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in you. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”
- “When you reach for the stars, you are reaching for the farthest thing out there. When you reach deep into yourself, it is the same thing, but in the opposite direction. If you reach in both directions, you will have spanned the universe.”
- “Dreams are like stars. You may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.”
- “You got to try and reach for the stars or try and achieve the unreachable.”
- “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.”
- “Jump into the middle of things, get your hands dirty, fall flat on your face, and then reach for the stars.”
- “You reach for the stars and you work your butt off to achieve your dreams. If you fall short, you fall short, but you say you gave it your best.”
- “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
- “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined.”
-Henry David Thoreau
- “What are we doing here? We’re reaching for the stars!”
- “Learn all you can. Growth comes from setting your goals high and reaching for the stars.”
-Spencer W. Kimball
- “The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.”
- “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
- “Never stop taking risks. Just keep reaching.”
- “We sit in the mud… and reach for the stars.”
- “I saw a star, I reached for it. I missed, so I accepted the sky.”
- “Take the challenge of your life. Reach out to your goals. There is no limit to what you can achieve.”
-Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world.”
- “Tell him to seek the stars and he will kill himself with climbing.”
- “Stars are echoes of the past. It’s important to look to them for guidance, but as long as people reach for them, they never realize the beauty and potential awaiting just in front of them.”
-Emory R. Frie
- “Reach for the stars, even though they are a million miles away from you.”
-Michael Bassey Johnson
- “In order to bring down the great, you have to be able to reach the stars.”
- “So what if you believe it can’t be done. Stop trying to prevent those who do believe from reaching for the stars.”
- “Don’t just reach for the stars. Grab a hold of one, grasp it tightly, and pull it into your heart and soul.”
- “To succeed, you must reach for the stars, and let your imagination find its own path.”
- “Don’t ever lose sight of your dreams. And most importantly, reach for the stars.”
- “Stars are much further away from where they are now for those who have no dreams and no intentions to reach them.”
-Mehmet Murat İldan
- “When you reach for the stars, you lose blood and tears. That’s something you should remember.”
- “Any ape can reach for a banana, but only humans can reach for the stars.”
-Vilayanur S Ramachandran
- “Reach for the stars. Although you will never touch them, if you reach hard enough, you will find that you get a little stardust on you in the process.”
- “Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus.”
- “Man stands alone in the universe, responsible for his condition, likely to remain in a lowly state, but free to reach above the stars.”
- “Jump off the beam, flip off the bars, follow your dreams, and reach for the stars.”
- “All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.”
-James T Kirk
- “Resilience: You can spend your entire life focusing on your scars or proudly carry them with you as you reach for the stars.”
- “Our journey to success is not always trying to reach the star that shines the brightest, it is learning along the way and making our own stars shine bright from within.”
-Mark Raymond Abad
- “It is not enough to wish on the stars. You have to reach for them.”
- “As Americans, we can’t help but reach for the stars. It’s our nature. It’s our destiny.”
- “I think now I get to create and inspire more young black girls to continue doing what they love and reach for the stars.”
Reach For The Stars FAQs
Some people often raise questions about the practicality of “reaching for the stars”. They merely accept mediocrity and do not wish to elevate their station in life. Here are a few questions to clear out any misunderstandings.
What Does It Mean To Reach For The Stars
Reaching for the stars denotes the distance of your goal from your current situation. And as stars are far away from us, so should be our goals. The more ambitious your goal is, the more effort you will put into achieving that. And yes, most of the time, you won’t reach the star, but you’ll at least land in heaven and in a better position than when you started.
What Does It Mean To Keep Your Feet On The Ground?
This works like a control mechanism for your journey to the stars. One must always keep his feet on the ground. This means that every decision you make should be backed by reason and logic and you must not let your emotions get the better of you. Be practical and skeptical and take measured steps while you head towards your goal. You must not get carried away by your ambitious goals.
Who Said, “Reach For The Stars?”
The phrase “reach for the stars” has been said by successful people like Mike Tyson, Theodore Roosevelt, Rabindranath Tagore, and the like. These are people who have had high ambitions all their lives and have actually reached the stars. Thus, you can take their word and aim high.
What Will You Do To Reach For The Stars?
Having high ambitions is not enough. You need to have a plan of action to reach there. Your path can be divided into distinct milestones and intermittent rewards that motivate you to the next one. Always analyze your mistakes when something goes wrong, find the causes, and correct them. Remember, consistency is the key! Let us know what you plan on doing to keep reaching for the stars!