Want to find the perfect social media status that makes your ex jealous? This article has over one hundred of them.
In my role as a life coach, I am often helping my coaching clients move forward to get what they want out of their lives. That’s why I’ve written this guide.
Make sure to read the disclaimer before diving straight into the list!
Let’s dive in.
Disclaimer: Should You Post A Status That Makes Your Ex Jealous?
I know that you’re still hurting from your break-up and that you want to make your ex hurt as well. Either that, or you want to play mind games to win them back…otherwise you wouldn’t be searching online for a status that makes your ex jealous.
However, before you find your perfect status, please ask yourself what are you hoping to achieve with your post. What are you hoping to achieve?
If your status does hurt his feelings, there’s every chance your ex is going to respond to try and make you jealous in return.
This is especially true if your jealousy-inducing post isn’t subtle enough – and it’s clear what you’re trying to do. This does nothing to help either of you get over the break-up any faster.
That’s why you should avoid overt jealousy-inducing statuses
- I just had the best sex of my life.
- My new boyfriend is so perfect!
- I’m so happy my ex is gone.
It would be a big mistake to post statuses like this. Your ex and everyone else would see right through it. The status certainly would have the desired effect you’re hoping for.
As a general rule, you should avoid mentioning your ex, a new love interest or a new partner in social media statuses if you’re trying to get over someone.
You don’t even need to explicitly mention that you’ve been hanging out with people of the opposite sex. Implying it is enough!
With that said, the whole notion of a social media post to make your ex jealous is unlikely to aid the healing process. Instead of healing, you’re spending your time thinking about how to get back at them.
Then, after the status is posted, you’ll surely be wondering whether they read it. This is no good for you if you’re trying to stop thinking about this person.
In most cases, the best way to get over your ex is to move on with your life. Posting a status to make them feel jealous is the antithesis of that.
If you are going to post a status to make your ex jealous, it should focus on how you are moving on and living your best life as a single man or woman.
The following statuses are mostly examples of this…
101+ Social Media Status Updates To Make Your Ex-Boyfriend Or Ex-Girlfriend Jealous
- I have never had so much fun in one single day
- The thought of you makes me smile and brightens up my day
- Spending your weekend with the people you love the most is indescribable.
- Travelling and meeting new people can be addictive
- I had a blast at the concert yesterday! Thanks for coming with me!
- I got the best present in the mail today!
- I’m loving being myself
- You’re the perfect kind of weird
- Thank you, everyone, for making my special day awesome!
- If I could go back in time and change one thing about my life, I would make sure that I travel more
- I finally visited the museum
- Thank you for making my day!
- I never knew sky-gazing with someone I just met could be so relaxing
- No more stress, I’m a free soul
- Too blessed to be stressed
- Feeling thankful for everything you’ve done for me!
- Is there a better feeling than freedom?
- Putting a smile on you makes me happy
- Life is finally treating me right
- Enjoying a walk in the park can be so relaxing!
- This wine tastes like something crazy is going to happen tonight
- Find inspiration in the people you meet
- It feels so good to be following my dreams.
- Everything about today was amazing. Especially the ending. Thank you for making my day
- This week has been a wild ride! Thank you to everyone who made it so special.
- Starting my day right with the right person
- I really enjoyed the trip. I can’t wait to do it again
- Thanks for making me laugh. You must be the funniest person I’ve met because I can’t stop laughing
- So excited about my weekend hiking trip.
- There’s a different type of glow when you’re fully in love
- All is well
- Working out with other people is so much fun
- Party at my place tonight. House rules: Don’t drink more than you can handle
- I’m at my favorite place with my favorite people
- I enjoyed spending time with you. I’m looking forward to our next meetup
- You can’t do epic things with basic people
- Your weirdness plus my weirdness equals perfect weirdness
- Pre-concert vibes. Can you see how excited I am?
- I can’t wait to try rock climbing again
- Thinking about you makes me smile!
- Be the type of person that other guys and girls are eager to meet
- Life is too short for basic friends
- I don’t remember what happened last night, but let’s do it again!
- My biggest regret is not traveling more!
- Choosing my own happiness has been the best decision I’ve ever made
- You can learn something amazing from every new person you meet
- People you meet make life beautiful
- Girls’ night out! I have the best group of friends a woman could possibly ask for.
- My wishes have been granted!
- Yesterday was great, but today will be even better!
- Thank you for your thoughtful gift! I had never received anything like this before
- I can’t believe I never tried bungee jumping before. It was such a thrill!
- Congrats team! We worked hard and we reaped our rewards
- I’m too busy enjoying life, talk to me later
- Spending time with the ones I love is the best therapy
- Happy girls shine bright
- At my favorite place, with my favorite human
- I’m excited to meet someone special this weekend
- Life’s been way too kind to me recently. I wish it would stay that way.
- Working out with fun people makes the pain more enjoyable!
- Shining like a star in the dark night.
- All of my dreams are coming true
- I’ve been partying without a break for a week. Today is my rest day. Please don’t call me
- I’m super grateful for everything you’ve done for me
- Looking forward to the spontaneous birthday party tonight!
- Don’t call me to go out…too tired after last night
- I enjoyed today more than you’ll ever believe
- I’m spending the day with my new favorite person
- You sure know how to make someone’s day!
- You turn any gloomy day into something amazing!
- I had a blast at the concert!
- Here’s a quick ‘hi’ to my internet stalkers!
- Go out and meet new people, something magical might happen
- I wake up every day and choose to be myself
- Everyone deserves to be happy. Let’s uplift those who are struggling
- It’s the weekend, finally! Going to head out
- Making new friends can be so fulfilling
- Letting things go makes you stronger
- How can one have so much fun in a single day?
- Learning to ski with someone as inexperienced as I am is crazy fun
- Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers, plant your own.
- My hopes, dreams, and wishes have come true
- Once you’re in love, you start glowing
- I feel so elated!!
- I’ve finally found time for a well-deserved spa day!
- Really enjoyed our spontaneous trip. When are we going back??
- Thinking about you makes my day!
- Be open-minded and meet new people
- It’s great to try a brand new restaurant
- I just tried a new cocktail
- Nothing beats getting the squad together for a party
- Thank you for all the planning and thought that went into creating a beautiful memory for me.
- I’m super excited about the weekend getaway!
- Learning to ice skate with a total beginner!
- I had the most fantastic birthday ever
- Life just keeps getting better and better!
- Starting the day in the best possible way.
- I don’t think I can go out tonight. My abdominal muscles still hurt from laughing
- New image. I feel like a new girl. Who is this absolute babe?!
- Here I come, Las Vegas!
- Don’t feel threatened by others’ growth. Feel inspired!
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s round off this guide with the answers to some frequently asked questions about how to make your ex jealous.
Instagram Captions To Make Your Ex Jealous
Our list of statuses to make your ex jealous will be suitable for Instagram captions too.
How Do I Make Him Jealous Of His Captions?
If he’s posting Instagram captions to make you jealous, you’ve now got over 100 captions at your disposal to win this way.
Or, you could be the better person, avoid playing games and focus on enjoying the rest of your life without your ex.
Related Content: Why Do People Post On Social Media? Psychology Guide
What Can I Post On WhatsApp To Make Her Jealous?
Our list of jealousy statuses will work well as a WhatsApp status to make your ex jealous.
How Can I Make My Ex Jealous Quote?
Here are some nice quotes to add in your social media feed or Instagram captions to make a nice jealousy status.
“One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” – Turcois Ominek
“I was raised to become an independent woman, not the victim of anything.” – Kamala Harris
“You just kinda wasted my precious time.” — Bob Dylan
“Oh yeah, you cross my mind once a week. That day is always garbage day.” – Ashley Snyder
“Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.” – Marian Keyes
“Started wearing less and goin’ out more.” — Drake
“Time to love myself. I realized trusting you was a huge mistake.” – Unknown
“You can’t make a man treat you right, but you can make him wish he did.” — Unknown
“Yes, I miss the memories. No, not the person, of course.” – Unknown
How Do I Make My Ex Jealous On Instagram?
The suggestions in my list of statuses to make your ex jealous could make nice captions for an Instagram post.
If these statuses are accompanied by images that show you’re happy and moving on with your life, they could be even more effective.
What Should I Caption My Ex Picture?
First off, I’d ask you to consider why you want a new picture of your ex in your social media profiles, especially if you’re planning on adding a caption to make him envious.
Remember, a good jealousy post is subtle. You’re supposed to give off the impression that you’re not thinking of your ex anymore.
If you post a picture of them, it creates the opposite effect. It shows that you’re struggling to move on and enjoy the single life.
How Do You Make A Stubborn Ex Jealous?
A “stubborn ex” is essentially someone who won’t even consider getting back with you, or maybe even talking to you.
Please realize that people can’t be made jealous if they have no desire to get back what they lost.
In this case, it’s usually better to move on and forget about trying to make your ex jealous. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.
Your past relationships ended for a reason and so did this one. This is the wrong person for you. You just need to see it.
Related Content: Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
Should I Go ‘No Contact’ With My Ex?
The ‘no contact rule’ is highly recommended for getting over a break-up, whether you’re hoping to win your ex back, or simply to move on quickly from the relationship.
If you are trying to make your ex jealous, a subtle social media status update could be just the tool to make this happen.
Related Content: How To Initiate Contact After No Contact Period
Any More Questions?
Thanks for reading my guide on how to make your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend jealous with a social media status.
Of course, these status updates aren’t a surefire recipe for jealousy, but they’ll give you a good shot.
If you have any questions on this guide, feel free to leave a comment in the guide below.
I’d like to talk further about this topic and, of course, it would be great to hear from you.