Read on for my full list of the 71 best relationship anger quotes.
In my role as a life coach, I am often helping clients with anger management as well as connecting better with their loved ones.
That’s why I’m excited to share this list with you.
So, let’s dive in.
Quotes About Being Angry At Someone You Love
This list of angry love quotes is divided into five categories. While some of these quotes are sad, many are useful and may be able to help you move past anger in your relationship.
Angry Couple Quotes
- “Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way… that is not easy.” – Aristotle
- “He who angers you conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny
- “When a man is wrong and won’t admit is, he always gets angry.” – Thomas Haliburton
- “Anger spoils relationships where there should be great reciprocity.” – Robert A.F. Thurman
- “In a good relationship, people get angry, but in a very different way. The Marriage Masters see a problem a bit like a soccer ball. They kick it around. It’s ‘our’ problem.” – John M Gottman
- “Men are fair, and they have learned not to personalize anger – they can disagree with you and argue to the bone, but afterward they still consider you a nice person with whom the underlying human relationship need not be altered.” Warren Farrell
- “Marriage is a three ring circus. Engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.” – Unknown
- “When a man can listen to a woman’s feelings without getting angry and frustrated, he gives her an incredible gift. He makes it safe for her to express herself. The more she is able to express herself, the more she feels heard and understood, and the more she is able to give a man the loving trust, acceptance, appreciation, admiration, approval, and encouragement that he needs.” – John Gray
- “A woman who truly loves you will be angry at you for so many things, but will never leave you.” – Unknown
- “Remember, if you want to love your life and live it to the fullest, don’t let the sun go down on your anger. If you don’t have a solution to the issue, agree to disagree and focus on the importance of the relationship.” Victoria Osteen
- “Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break.” – Jane Wells
- “When a woman no longer gets frustrated and upset with you, you can almost guarantee that she doesn’t care anymore. You had her with your words and lost her with your actions.” – Unknown
- “I was a vase of sunflowers ready to spit seeds like weapons at the world.I understood how a man could be mad enough to slice off his own ear, just to get back the person he loved most in the world.” ― Jodi Baker
- “Telling an angry woman to calm down is about as useful as baptizing a cat.” – Unknown
Angry Love Quotes
- “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
- “It’s better to cry than be angry, because anger hurts others while tears flow silently through the soul and cleanse the heart.” – Pope John Paul
- “It’s never what people do that makes us angry; it’s what we tell ourselves about what they did.” – Marshall Rosenberg
- “The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Be with someone who won’t stay mad at you, who can’t stand not talking to you, and who’s afraid of losing you.” – Drake
- “True love, the way God intended it to be, is more than a feeling and much more than two words. It’s holding hands as you walk through the fire.” – Darlene Schacht
- “No matter how angry you get, you always end up forgiving the people you love.” – Unknown
- “When someone says that I’m angry it’s actually a compliment. I have not always been direct with my anger in my relationships, which is part of why I’d write about it in my songs.” – Alanis Morissette
- “Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.” – George Eliot
- “The perfect relationship is not that you never get angry, upset or irritated with each other… It’s how fast you resolve & bounce back to normal.” – Unknown
- “Anger repressed can poison a relationship as surely as the cruelest words.” – Joyce Brothers
- “If we are to feel the positive feelings of love, happiness, trust, and gratitude, we periodically also have to feel anger, sadness, fear, and sorrow.” – John Gray
- “It’s impossible to remain angry at someone you truly love. Anger lasting for more than 3 days indicates that you’re not in love.” – Unknown
Anger Destroys Relationships Quotes
- “I have heard, ‘Never go to bed angry,’ and that makes sense. Unless you’re always checking yourself, a grudge or something small can break apart a relationship, and you start to forget what is so amazing about your partner.” – Diplo
- “A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves a thousand moments of regret.” – Unknown
- “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “Sometimes in anger, some wrong words come out of our mouths to our loved ones. This wrong word out in anger can end the relationship. That is why it is very important to control anger.” – Unknown
- “Anger doesn’t solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything.” – Lawrence Douglas Wilder
- “Breakups hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t respect and appreciate you is actually a gain, not a loss.” – Unknown
- “A moment of anger can destroy a lifetime of work, whereas a moment of love can break barriers that took a lifetime to build.” – Leon Brown
- “If you care about the relationship, cool down before you speak. Because when you blurt, you hurt.” – Unknown
Quotes To Express Anger
- “Do not teach your children never to be angry; teach them how to be angry.” – Lyman Abbott
- “Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help.” – Thomas Fuller
- “When you throw dirt you lose ground.” – Texan Proverb
- “If you kick a stone in anger, you’ll hurt your own foot.” Korean Proverb.
- “Exaggeration is truth that has lost its temper.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.” – Seneca#
- “Don’t promise when you’re happy. Do not reply when you’re angry and do not decide when you’re sad.” – Unknown
- “The intoxication of anger, like that of the grape, shows us to others, but hides us from ourselves.” – John Dryden
- “One of the best ways of keeping your temper in an argument, as most of us know only too well, is not to listen to anything the other person has to say.” – Alice Miller
- “People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing.” – Will Rogers
- “Flying off the handle sometimes causes hammers and humans to lose their heads, as well as their effectiveness.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Sometimes I’m not angry, I’m hurt and there’s a big difference.” – Unknown
- “Consider how much more you often suffer from your anger and grief, than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved”. – Marcus Antonius
- “In the short term, corporal punishment may produce obedience. But it is a fact documented by research that in the long term the results are inability to learn, violence and rage, bullying, cruelty, inability to feel another’s pain, especially that of one’s own children, even drug addiction and suicide, unless there are enlightened or at least helping witnesses on hand to prevent that development.” – Alice Miller
- “How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Just because you’re angry, doesn’t mean you have the right to be cruel.” – Unknown
- “Once we are honest about our feelings, we can invite ourselves to consider alternative modes of viewing our pain and can see that releasing our grip on anger and resentment can actually be an act of self-compassion.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “Don’t make me mad and then tell me to calm down. That’s like stabbing someone and then wondering why they’re bleeding.” – Unknown
- “Control your anger, for it is just one letter away from danger.” – Unknown
- “Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger.” – Jane Wells
- “Do not say: ‘I cannot help having a bad temper.’ Friend, you must help it. Pray to God to help you overcome it at once, for either you must kill it, or it will kill you.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “The greatest remedy for anger is delay. – Seneca
- Today is gone. Embrace your dreams. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” – George Orwell
Quotes About Anger And Frustration
- “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.” – Mark Twain
- “If we ourselves remain angry and then sing world peace, it has little meaning. First, our individual self must learn peace. This we can practice. Then we can teach the rest of the world.” – Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
- “Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back — in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish to be.” – Thomas A Kempis
- “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If we could learn to like ourselves, even a little, maybe our cruelties and angers might melt away.” – John Steinbeck
- “Always remember when it comes to family arguments and disputes. Blood is thicker than anger.” – Stanley Victor Paskavich
- “I realized that if my thoughts immediately affect my body, I should be careful about what I think. Now if I get angry, I ask myself why I feel that way. If I can find the source of my anger, I can turn that negative energy into something positive.” – Yoko Ono
- “I would not look upon anger as something foreign to me that I have to deal with my anger with care, with love, with tenderness, with nonviolence.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Anger, blame and martyrdom are thieves. They steal time, relationships and respect. Personal accountability is the life giver, the thing that fills the soul with esteem and repairs it from the inside out.” – Amy Larson
- “If you stay in the company of anger, pain, or hurt, happiness will find someone else to visit.” – Kristen Crockett
- “Anger is nothing more than an outward expression of hurt, fear and frustration.” – Dr. Phil Mcgraw
Anger Management Resources
In my work as a life coach, I am often helping people deal with the anger in their life, either from themselves or from those around them.
These inspirational quotes can provide a better understanding of anger, but removing it from your life requires more action.
If you struggle with anger management, see this list of Ways How To Stop Your Reactive Anger.
This guide on Types Of Anger & Learning To Be Angry is also likely to prove useful.
If you need help identifying a sign of anger issues in someone else, see my list of CLEAR Signs A Man Has Anger Issues.
Thanks For Reading!
I hope you enjoyed my list of anger in relationship quotes.
Share your favorite quote and anger quotes in the comments. Also, feel free to share this post with your friends or someone who was dealing with anger in their past relationship. You can also click the link to discover more quote articles.