Whether you are
- a life coach searching for a qualified mentor to bring your business to the next level,
- just starting out as a life coach needing guidance, or
- interested in life coaching and/or life mentorship because you are stuck in life,
this article is for you.
I will outline 8 powerful insights about
- mentorship for life coaches as well as
- the differences between life coaching and life mentoring.
Let’s dive right into it…
- What Is A Life Coach Mentor?
- What Is the Difference Between a Coach and a Mentor?
- What Does a Life Mentor Do?
- Is Coaching Better Than Mentoring?
- What Makes a Good Mentor?
- How to Find a Life Coach Mentor Near Me
- Free Life Mentor
A life coach mentor is an expert in the coaching field who uses his wealth of experience to guide new coaches to success.
They help new life coaches to develop not just coaching skills, but business skills as well.
If you are unsure of whether life coaching is for you, the insights shared in this article will help you to decide if it is or not.
With 2o years’ experience in business, online marketing, and coaching, I have been able to build a stellar online coaching business.
A coach asks you questions to help you finding new perspectives as well as your own answers and solutions.
A coach is a guide at your side.
On the other hand, a mentor offers his knowledge, advice, direction based on his experience to people who require them, often called mentees.
The people they offer these to, are usually people interested in the field, industry, or career of the mentor.
Life mentors use powerful career and developmental tools, as well as their experiences to enable their mentees to achieve their goals and aspirations in life.
The role of a life mentor is actually multi-faceted.
It can either be formal or informal and may evolve depending on the needs of the mentee.
Other services that a life mentor offers include
- sharing knowledge and life experiences,
- providing guidance and advice,
- exploring different career options,
- advising on networking and networking opportunities,
- providing insight into corporate culture,
- and many more.
Furthermore, a life mentor uses effective strategies to help you get the most out of your life, by combining elements from various disciplines, such as
- emotional intelligence,
- personal and business development,
- and so on.
Basically, whatever it is that you hope to achieve in your personal or business life, a life coach help you get to it, by using life mentoring tools and interventions.
These tools and interventions are designed to enable you to make fast, effective, and long-lasting changes in all the aspects of your life that you want.
This depends on your expectations.
I mostly suggest coaching, because it
supports you more to find your own unique answers and solutions.
It helps you to help yourself.
Unlike mentoring, coaching helps you discover what you need to do personally, to improve yourself.
This important ability you can adapt to all other areas in life.
It helps you develop self-management, decision-making, and even leadership skills, that enable you to thrive in all aspects of your life.
If you expect more concrete guidance and if you are interested how someone else would decide in your situation, you should decide for mentoring.
Good mentors, in addition to providing an enabling and structured environment for relationships to prosper, also share their professional expertise and knowledge to mentees.
However, these are not the only skills a good mentor should possess.
The following are some of the other qualities of a good mentor.
- A good mentor should exhibit enthusiasm and passion for attracting and engaging others.
- Also, a good mentor should be able to provide guidance and constructive criticism to his or her mentees
- In various levels of their organization, a good mentor should be respected by colleagues and co-workers
- A good mentor should be able to encourage others by setting the right example
- Lastly, a good mentor should demonstrate a positive attitude towards life, as well as act as a positive role model to mentees
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never livelong enough to make them all yourself. (Groucho Markx)
There are online directories, where you can find life coaches or life coach mentors near you, for example:
Another very flexible solution is to choose someone who works online and does online sessions with you.
This gives you a lot of advantages like:
- low inhibition
- no waste of time in traffic
- more flexibility with scheduling
- more variety in communication options like
- Skype video call, WhatsApp, Facetime, audio call, e-mail, text, etc.
Here are some more important facts to look at to find the right life coach near you.
- Ask for
The first step to finding the right coach for your needs is to determine if they do not only have the training and certification, but the experience as well.
A seasoned and experienced coach will be able to handle a wide range of life issues due to the years of experience in the field, as opposed to one with minimal experience.
their Style of Approach:
Another factor to consider when looking for a life coach is the style of approach they use during their sessions.
Ensure that you choose a coach who can deliver knowledge and information in a way that resonates with you and what you are looking for.
- Check for
Before you choose a life coach, be sure to book a trial session first, to determine if they have the emotional connection you desire.
For you to get the most from your coach, there has to be a connection between you both.
Otherwise, you will not get the most out of it and end up wasting resources and time.
Some coaches only work during certain hours, so before you book the services of any coach, be sure that they have flexible business times.
Also, find out if they are accessible outside sessions, and can be reached via phone, IM or e-mail, and if yes, find out if there are extra charges for that.
- Access their
Lastly, you need to find out the success rates of potential coaches before you make your choice.
Work with coaches who have a proven track record of successes, as success rate is a good indicator of how good the coach is.
Also, if it possible, ask to speak to their former clients to hear their experiences firsthand.
Are you looking for a life mentor that will help you actualize your goals and get you up to the level you require to be?
If so, you have come to the right place, as www.coaching-online.org offers a free life coaching online worth $400.
My free life coaching session online helps you in various aspects of your life, whether personal, business or what-have-you.
If you feel like you are in a rut or somewhat stuck in your personal or business life, you should consider a life coaching session with me.
I can help you conquer whatever obstacles you may be facing, as well as provide you with the needed nudge to move on.