If you’ve ever found yourself wondering about a guy’s intentions or thinking he’s sending you some mixed signals, this article is for you! A lot of women ask themselves ‘do guys think about their hookups?’ Let’s find out.
Believe it or not, guys do think about their hookups. Although women are believed to be more prone to catching feelings after hooking up with someone, guys do that too.
Also, guys can think about their one-night stand for several reasons, whether that’s because they enjoyed it more than they usually do or because they liked your personality.
You can never know for sure, but I’ve prepared some signs to look out for to figure out if a guy is thinking about you after hooking up with you.
I’ve divided this article into two sections to make it easier for you. In the first part, you’ll find 20 signs he wants more than a hookup. And in the second part, you’ll find 11 signs he only wants to hook up. Hope this will help!
Do Guys Think About Hookups After?
Despite some gender stereotypes, most guys actually think about their one-night stand a lot. The trick is to find out the real reason he thinks about you after hooking up.
Here are 31 signs to look out for after you hook up with a guy.
20 Signs He Thinks About You After Hooking Up
One of the most interesting questions I get in my coaching sessions is ‘do guys think about their hookups’. There’s never one best answer for this, so here are 20 signs you should look for to see if he thinks about you.
- He wants more than just sex if he sends random texts throughout the day
- He sends you good morning and good night messages
- He asks questions to get to know you better
- He always texts you or calls you first
- He wants to know about your day
- He started following you on social media
- He leaves likes on your photos and videos
- He tells you he can’t wait to see you again
- He’s already making plans with you
- He remembers everything you tell him about yourself
- He texts you even when he’s with other people
- If a guy sleeps with you more than once, he’s probably into you
- He tells you he likes you
- He laughs at your joke (even the ‘not so funny’ ones)
- He tells you loud and clear that he wants a committed relationship
- He talks about your future together
- He supports you
- There’s an emotional connection and real chemistry between you two
- He’s open about his feelings
- He wants you to meet his friends and vice versa
Related: Intimacy Coach – 8 Facts Checklist
11 Signs He Just Wants to Hook Up
Some guys only want to hook up. Not sure if that’s your guy? Here are 11 signs he’s not interested in a relationship with you.
- He only calls you in the evenings or texts you in the middle of the night
- He never has time for you
- You see each other only on his terms
- You never go out together
- It’s all about him (in the bedroom too)
- He doesn’t introduce you to his friends or family
- He doesn’t text or call back
- He often seems distant, reserved, or cold when he’s with you
- He avoids having deep conversations with you
- He specifically tells you he’s not looking for a serious relationship
- You feel it in your gut that he doesn’t want a serious relationship with you
Why Do Guys Change After You Sleep With Them?
There’s a popular belief that guys change after you sleep with them, but that’s not always true. Most women are afraid that guys will lose interest after sex. That’s because our society has taught us that women and men are just built differently and that we approach sex in a different way.
Well, the truth is somewhere in the middle as always.
First of all, we can’t put all guys in the same group and say that all guys lose interest after hooking up. I think it’s time to leave those outdated beliefs behind us and embrace the modern world that we live in.
People are simply different – and we’re not defined by our gender.
It’s important to understand that we’re all individual people walking through life and trying to enjoy it.
Even though many women think that guys change after having sex with them just because they’re guys, we need to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that guys are human beings too.
There could be many reasons why guys change after their hookups.
One of the reasons is the change that occurs in their brains after having sex with you. Their hormones create a mixture of different emotions – passion, excitement, connection, etc. Both men and women go through these changes after sleeping together, but some people are not ready to commit and want to stay only sex partners.
Of course, we can’t deny the fact that some guys will fake a connection with you to have sex. After getting what they want, it will seem they’ve changed all of a sudden, but in fact, that’s how they’ve been feeling about you all along.
However, some guys will be upfront about their expectations and feelings, so you’ll know from the beginning whether they are looking for anything serious or they only want hookups.
Why Do Guys Stop Talking to You After You Sleep With Them
As I said, we are all humans and we’re all unique. Some guys will be open with you. Other guys will hurt you.
And some guys will stop talking to you after you have sex with them. And now you’re wondering, why? Is it something you’ve done? Should you have done something differently? These are all legitimate questions.
The truth is that if a guy stopped talking to you or answering your calls after you slept together, it probably means he’s not interested.
It’s nothing personal, it just means he wasn’t that into you, he has feelings for someone else, or he’s not ready for a relationship right now.
You’ll probably never know the real reason why he stopped calling (unless you ask him directly?). But what you should know is that if it didn’t work with him, it will work with someone else.
People come into our lives and they go out of our lives. And all of them will teach you a lesson.
Can Guys Get Emotionally Attached to a FWB?
Other than the question ‘do guys think about their hookups’, another question that I get asked all the time by my women and men clients is ‘can guys get emotionally attached to an FWB’.
The answer is: Yes, of course, guys can get attached. Friends with benefits are usually friends turned into sex partners. And friendship is all about emotional attachment, connection, and feelings.
So, if your sex life is as good as your friendship, and you’re both currently looking for serious relationships, you can definitely become more than friends with benefits.
As I said, both girls and guys are human beings. Humans have emotions. And it’s pretty normal for both guys and girls to develop romantic emotions and get emotionally attached to an FWB.
Even though friends with benefits is a relationship with no strings attached, guys can get emotionally attached in the same way women can. It’s all part of the human experience.
Go through the signs I’ve listed above to see if a guy you’re sleeping with may be looking for more than sex.
Do Guys Remember Their Hookups
Just like I said, guys are individuals. So if you’re asking yourself whether they’re thinking about their hookups, if they remember all the juicy details, or if they want more than sex, the answer is pretty simple.
Some guys remember their hookups, while others don’t.
Whether a guy remembers his hookups also depends on how the sex felt for them. If they had fun or if it happened more than once, they’ll probably remember the juicy details.
But again, everyone is different; most men and women will remember their hookups, but some people will simply forget.
How Do You Know if a Guy Likes You After You Have Slept With Him
If he slept with you, he probably likes you. As simple as that. But that doesn’t necessarily mean he wants a serious relationship with you.
People go through different stages in life. People also want different things in life. It’s all a natural part of who we are as humans.
So a guy can like you as a person and still not want to be in a relationship with you.
Don’t take it personally. If you notice you’re catching feelings for him, and the feeling is not mutual, it may be time to let go.
If you continue hooking up with him, you may end up hurt.
Communication is a critical part of every human relationship, and the same goes for hookups. If you talk to him about your expectations, you’ll know right from the start if he’s a potential partner or only a one-night stand.
You won’t have to wonder whether he likes you or not.
Also, if you constantly work on yourself and focus on personal development, you’ll be confident and sure in yourself. You’ll know what you want and you’ll realize if it’s time to leave or if you’re not getting what you deserve from a relationship.
Self-confidence and communication are both vital for a happy life.
How to Get a Guy to Respect You After Sleeping With Him
There are many ways to keep him interested after you sleep with him. Of course, you can’t change a person so if he just wants to hook up, you’ll eventually find out he’s simply not interested.
But you can definitely get a guy to respect you by doing these things:
- Put yourself first – You are your most important person, don’t forget that. If you want people to respect you, you have to respect yourself;
- Try to keep it casual – Some guys just want to have fun and if your relationship starts becoming too much for them, they’ll walk away before you know it. Keep it casual for your sake too;
- Avoid getting attached fast – There’s nothing wrong with getting emotionally attached, but emotional connection takes time. If you focus on yourself, you’ll be less likely to get attached too fast and you’ll let things run their course;
- Be confident – Self-confidence is key. If you want men to respect you, be confident or fake it until you make it;
- Don’t be afraid to say what you want – Your wants and needs matter and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise. A huge part of earning other people’s respect is the ability to say loud and clear what you want;
- Show him you don’t need him to be happy – And if you do need him, it’s time to do some self-reflection and figure out why you’re so attached to this man. Self-growth comes first, remember that.
Signs He Regrets Sleeping With You
You’ve slept with a guy and now you have feelings for him, but he doesn’t seem that interested in you. If you’re still not sure whether he regrets sleeping with you, I’m going to help you figure it out.
For most guys, it’s fairly easy to tell if they like you.
But some guys are harder to read. No big deal.
There are some obvious signs to look for that show he regrets hooking up with you. You just need to find them and accept that not all guys will chase you. That’s just life.
Here are the most common signs a guy regrets sleeping with you.
- He ignores your texts or calls
- He’s always busy and never has time for you
- He never calls you first
- His texts are brief and cold
- He becomes distant all of a sudden
- You don’t spend that much time together anymore
- He starts gaslighting you or ignoring your concerns
- He blocks you on social media
- He acts shady
- He tells you he’s no longer interested
As much as accepting someone doesn’t like you back is a hard pill to swallow, sometimes you have to pick yourself up and move on with your life.
Life is full of ups and downs.
Every person is a new lesson, so don’t despair and focus on yourself.
Thanks for taking the time to read my article. I hope my insights helped you realize whether your guy is worth it. As I said, don’t let anyone treat you badly or even worse, make you second guess yourself.
If a guy wants to be in your life, trust me, he’ll go above and beyond for you. You won’t have any doubts about whether he likes you.
If you have any questions about this topic, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Remember that you’re not supposed to feel bad about yourself because of a relationship or even a hookup.
As simple as it may sound, that’s what it’s all about – being happy with yourself and another person. So, don’t chase guys, chase happiness instead.
If I can help you in any way, I’m all ears. Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below, and I hope I hear from you soon!