If you’re wondering whether girls like quiet guys, the answer is sometimes.
It really depends on a variety of factors, including how he behaves around her. This is ultimately more important than how he behaves in a large group of people.
In my role as a life coach, I am often helping shy people work on their self-esteem and social skills, so they can live their best life.
That’s why I’m excited to explain how shy guys can land the girl of their dreams.
So, let’s dive in.
1. Can Quiet Guys Get Girlfriends?
Perhaps you’ve noticed in the past that gregarious guys tend to attract women the most. Maybe this has led you to believe that women don’t find quiet guys attractive?
Well, in order to understand why that’s wrong, we need to explore why girls are gravitating towards the louder guys.
It’s because they are attracted to self-confidence – and most of the louder guys are demonstrating that in abundance.
However, it is possible to be a confident guy without obnoxiously running your mouth so everyone can hear.
You can be a more reserved man and still attract a great woman, but you’re most likely going to have to do something to make it happen. It’s no good being a wallflower making eye contact with girls and hoping they come to talk with you.
2. How Can A Quiet Guy Attract A Girl
You don’t need to be out approaching women in bars, clubs and parties every weekend to land a girlfriend. But you probably will have to make the first move somewhere. The good news is: it’s easier than ever for quieter men to meet girls without having to be hyper-social.
- Online dating has its flaws, but it has helped a lot of quiet men start conversations with girls from the comfort of their own homes.
- Clubs and events surrounding certain hobbies also provide a nice setting for quieter people to meet each other, knowing that they will at least have one thing in common to talk about.
- School and the workplace have always been common places to meet a partner. Once again, men and women are naturally brought together through a mutual interest (or in some cases, a mutual disinterest 😉 ).
Once you’ve made a connection with a woman in one of these locations (or anywhere else), your best bet is to arrange a date somewhere that plays to your strengths.
In the case of quiet or introverted guys, this might be a tranquil coffee shop or a dinner date, rather than a trendy bar with house music blaring through the walls.
The toughest part of dating for quiet men tends to be getting noticed by women in the first place. But, if you can leave your comfort zone and get over this hurdle, you’ll often find that things go relatively smoothly from there.
After all, confident introverts tend to thrive in one-on-one interactions.
3. Why Quiet Guys Are Attractive
Quiet men do have a few personality traits that make them more desirable than outgoing guys. Here are a few of them.
- They’re great listeners. It’s well-known that quiet and shy guys don’t talk so much. The advantage to that is they learn to become a good listener. This is an attractive quality that makes girls like shy guys once they get to know them.
- Once they open up, they’re great conversationalists. Shy guys aren’t necessarily boring; it just takes them a while to open up in groups or to a new person. Another quality that will make girls like shy guys is once they do open up, they tend to be interesting to talk to.
- They don’t have to be the center of attention. Earlier, I mentioned that most louder guys are very confident. However, there are also plenty who are loud and obnoxious to overcompensate for their insecurities. It actually requires a deeper confidence to not need to be the center of attention.
- They’re often incredibly intelligent. If they’re not out socialising at parties every evening, they’re probably doing something more educational. It’s common to notice that shy guys have a lot of intelligence for this reason. This can make your conversations with them far more compelling.
- They’re full of surprises. With a loud outgoing guy, what you see is what you get. Girls like shy guys because they’re more mysterious and that keeps them on their toes. They never know what’s going to be revealed next and that can be exciting.
- They’re less intimidating. Dating the hyper-social loudmouth can be intimidating, especially for shy girls. Two quiet people tend to make a great couple because they tend to like the same types of anti-social activities.
- They’re polite. Another reason girls like shy guys is that they tend to be more polite around their friends and family. A common problem with dating the unfiltered extrovert is that they can be quite polarising. Often, they’ll make a joke which upsets someone, or they don’t let other people get a word in edgeways.
- They’re loyal. Shy guys are less likely to be cheating on their partners, if only because they’re creating less opportunities for themselves to do so. The same is true of introverts. They value deep connections with a handful of people, rather than many more shallow friendships.
4. Do Girls Like Shy Guys?
I mentioned ‘shy guys’ a few times in the last section – and it’s sometimes true that girls like this type of man once they get to know him. But these shy guys will need to show some level of confidence around the girls they want.
A lot of shy guys lack the traits that women often need to feel attracted to a man. For example, they want a man who can lead them, protect them and stand up for them. If you’re too shy to do that, you’re going to struggle in your romantic relationships.
Although this is changing somewhat in the modern day, most women also still want men to make the first move. So, you may need to overcome your shy nature in that first instance too. This goes back to leading, which is a highly masculine and therefore incredibly attractive trait.
There’s no need to be a social butterfly, but shy guys will usually have to be able to complete these tasks to be attractive to women.
5. Do Girls Like Introverts?
Introverts don’t necessarily have the negative qualities of a shy guy. In fact, they have plenty of positive qualities that women find attractive.
Here are some defining qualities of an introvert:
- They’re not thrilled about huge social events. If a woman is shy or introverted too, they’ll probably seek out an introverted guy to be with.
- They enjoy deep conversations. An introverted guy is unlikely to be excited by smalltalk. Instead, he’ll want to go beyond the surface and find out who people really are. This can make for more compelling conversations with women.
- They’re self-aware and reflective. You won’t need to fix your introverted boyfriend’s flaws. He’s normally smart enough to do that himself.
- They enjoy alone time. If you’re the girlfriend of an introvert, you’re unlikely to feel smothered by a need for attention and validation. That’s lucky because neediness tends to be a huge turn-off for women.
- Loyalty. Introverted men tend to build and treasure a handful of social relationships, rather than as many superficial ones as possible. You can expect them to be very loyal and loving to their girlfriends.
6. Good-Looking Quiet Guys
It’s the age-old question of dating: do looks matter? Perhaps you’ve noticed that most of the quiet men with girlfriends tend to be somewhat good-looking. Maybe you’re blaming your own looks for your lack of attention from girls.
The truth is: good looks are one thing that make women feel attracted. At the same time, a man’s personality is a great deal more important.
The quiet guy you see with attractive women probably made the first move on her.
Yes, you should make an effort to improve your appearance whether you’re a shy guy or a loud guy. Go to the gym. Work on your fashion. Pay attention to your grooming. This will communicate a lot of attractive things about your personality, as well as making you look better.
But, if you have severe social anxiety or you’re unwilling to risk rejection to approach a girl, you’re still going to struggle in the dating world, whether you’re a handsome guy or not.
The guy who can put himself out there and actually start talking to women will nearly always do better than the good-looking guy with social anxiety.
7. Are Quiet Guys Good In Bed?
There are a few qualities which can make a man ‘good in bed’. But one of them is undoubtedly the ability to express himself without filters.
When men and women can do this, it makes the sex so much more passionate. Great sex is about letting go and enjoying your partner on the most primal level.
When a man is able to let go and express himself without filters in everyday life, that’s a clear indicator he’ll be able to do the same in bed.
Don’t underestimate how important this is for a woman.
If a shy guy is remaining shy during a bedroom romp, a woman might also find it difficult to let go and truly enjoy herself. For a lot of women, the ability to let go is required for them to orgasm.
The masculine role to lead is often desired by feminine women in the bedroom. In fact, that’s one of the key reasons why they desire a confident man. They need someone assertive enough to dominate them between the sheets.
Yes, it is possible to be assertive and dominant in the bedroom without being the life of a party. If you’re a shy guy dating a feminine woman, it’s probably in your best interests to learn how.
8. What Do Quiet Guys Look For In A Girl?
For the most part, a more reserved guy will look for what all other guys are looking for in a girlfriend.
However, there are some factors that might be particularly important to men with a more introverted personality type.
- A girl who is willing to make the first move. Or at least someone to be a bit more obvious than usual with their flirting, so they feel empowered to push things forward. Many girls simply won’t do this. If you can be the girl who does, you stand a great chance at landing a shy guy.
- A girl who prefers one-on-one time to parties. A shy guy probably doesn’t want a girlfriend dragging him to social events all the time.
- A girl who likes deep conversations. Introverts prefer talking about deeper elements of life, not meaningless smalltalk. If you’re on the same level and would like to be talking about more meaningful topics too, there’s a good chance you’ll be the right girl for an introvert.
- A girl who likes the same things as him. Most guys who are quiet tend to have one or two interesting things that they’re deeply passionate about in their life. If you’re also passionate about these hobbies, that’s going to be a huge plus for him.
9. Why Do I Like Quiet Guys?
Are you a woman who is confused about exactly what you like about quiet and shy guys? Hopefully, this article makes sense and has given you a fresh perspective. Most girls like shy guys for the same reasons. It’s not necessarily that a girl likes their quietness. More likely, it’s the other commonly-associated traits that make a quiet guy attractive.
Any More Questions About Do Girls Like Quiet Guys?
Thanks for reading my guide. I hope it will help you achieve success with a beautiful woman.
It’s important to know that you can be an attractive man without being an extrovert. James Bond is perhaps the ultimate example of a more mysterious man who still portrayed attractive alpha-male qualities.
It’s not just shy women who like this type of guy either. Many more extroverted girls will feel the same way.
But the point is: he still had these attractive qualities that women love. If you’re a shy guy, that should be your goal too.
If you have any questions about how to improve your self-worth, becoming comfortable in your own skin or becoming more attractive to girls, the comments section is a great place to ask it.
I really enjoy talking to my readers in the comments, and will do my best to respond to your query.
Cheers and good health to you!